Karolinska Institutet and the University of Tokyo have launched the UTokyo-KI LINK to facilitate research and educational exchange at pre- and postdoctoral levels. Participating units are CMB and BioNut at KI and the Institute for Quantitative Biosciences at the University of Tokyo.
The program is for:
- PIs interested in research collaborations and recruitment of postdoctoral and doctoral students
- junior researchers/students looking for postdoc positions or training opportunities at the KI
Purpose of the UTokyo-KI LINK
The purpose of the UTokyo-KI LINK is to facilitate exchange between researchers and students at the University of Tokyo (UTokyo) and Karolinska Institutet (KI).
The following activities are part of the program:
- Identify parties interested in exchange, both PI and students.
- Initiate PhD and Master student exchange.
- Identify need of support during exchange:
– Support establishment in either city.
- Support grant applications in either country.
- Organize joint meetings/symposia.
- Apply for grants for increased activity within the program (eg STINT, MEXT, Swedish research council).
- Make central lab functions of IQB (next-generation sequencers, mass spectrometers, cryo-electron microscopes, genome analysis techniques using optical tweezers microscopes, protein structure analysis techniques, and single-molecule analysis. techniques) available for researches at Karolinska Institutet (KI).